KIDS UNDER 15 YEARS OLD AND SENIORS OVER 60 YEARS OLD SPECIAL PRICE.
Private kitesurfing lessons (one on one) with Raglan Kite school professionals is the fastest way to progress in kitesurfing. You will gain knowledge and experience at your own pace in a regulated, safe, comfortable and fun environment. Learn to master the art of kitesurfing with the assistance of your very own expert IKO qualified instructor.
Our programs are both practical and theoretical; designed to assist your learning in order for you to achieve your desired outcome. Our Instructors have earned their qualification through a commitment to quality and safety.
It's all about you
When you arrive at our school, you will find a team that is ready to suit your needs. We are ready to put in all our energy to guarantee that you are having fun during your learning experience and progression.
Our team's primary goal is to accelerate the student's learning curve through personal and individual lessons. To help achieve this goal, we offer private and semi-private lessons for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students.
Our teaching model
Our way of teaching is based on the International Kitesurfing Organization (IKO) methodology. This step-by-step approach allows instructors to tailor each kitesurfing lesson. As a result, our students become independent Kitesurfers more quickly and safely, making lessons a great experience.
Our Kitesurf lessons
We offer 2-hour, 6 hours or 8 hours and 12 hr lessons packages. All lessons start off at your current level and guide you through to the next steps in your learning curve. This assures you have optimal use of our teacher's expertise during these lessons. Your progression will look like this:
Level 1: (2-3h)
- How to identify safe wind directions and Kitesurfing conditions
- You will learn more about the weather forecast and wind effects
- You will learn how to set up, fly and control the kite on land and in the water
- You will learn how to use the safety systems
- You will learn how to safely launch and land your kite
- You will practise how to body-drag downwind
- You will practise self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- How to water re-launch the kite
Level 2 : (2-3h)
- How to body-drag up and downwind
- You will learn how to maintain the correct kite position in the wind window
- You will learn how to change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- You will learn more about the safety rules and theory for water starts
- You will practise the power stroke for a water start
- You will attempt your first board starts
Level 3 : (3-4h)
- How to water start in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal and wind effects
- Ride amongst other riders and water users
- Respect the right of way rules
- Change of directions without stopping
Of course, we make sure this is done safely and teach you how to ride safe when you go out on your own. The lessons include the use of all kite equipment. We teach with the latest premium Ozone equipment, GO, UNOV2 and CATALYST V2, Ozone boards, Mystic wetsuits, helmets and impact vests.
We also utilise a "BB Talkin" waterproof radio communication system. It is a real-time coaching tool which allows the instructor to instantly be able to give calm and concise instructions.
So what are you waiting for? Come join the kiting community!