Private kitesurfing lessons (one on one) with Raglan Kite school professionals is the fastest way to progress in kitesurfing. You will gain knowledge and experience at your own pace in a regulated, safe and comfortable environment. Learn to master the art of kitesurfing with the assistance of your very own expert. IKO qualified instructor.
Our programs are both practical and theoretical; designed to assist your learning in order for you to achieve your desired outcome. Our Instructors have earned their qualification through a commitment to quality and safety.
Raglan kite beach is an amazing place to learn how to kite in New-Zealand due to its consistent sea breeze and calm waters. Our instructors are 100% dedicated to helping you reach your goals. Yan be sure to have our full attention and gain the best feedback possible, as we help you to hone your skills and develop your capabilities on the water.
Feel the wind and experience the thrill on the water with us! Book a kitesurfing lesson in New-Zealand with Raglan Kite School today
The Group Kitesurfing Lessons offered by Raglan Kite School is a fantastic opportunity and fun way to experience the thrill of kitesurfing together with your friends! Learn how to Kitesurf in New-Zealand in a group of two.
Your instructor will run you through different steps to make sure you become an independent kitesurfer as quickly as possible. Our group kitesurfing lesson is tailored to ensure everyone in the group feels comfortable and safe while having an amazing time.
The group kitesurfing classes are held in Raglan Kite beach, our beautiful home spot located a two minutes drive from the town centre. Raglan beach is the perfect spot to learn how to Kitesurf in New-Zealand due to its consistent wind and shallow water area.
Learn Kitesurfing with us in Raglan, come to practice with us and then feel comfortable enough to ride the world wide known waves of the area and our glassy flat water lagoons perfect for freestyle. Raglan Kite School is driven by a strong passion for the sport.
Ozone Raglan - Student progression
Here are the different levels you will reach during the lessons. In average, it takes about 6 to 10 hours of lessons to a student with basic physical ability to get up and going on the board. It all depends on your motivation, physical ability and experience. Any board sport experience is a plus but it is not required.
Level 1: (2-3h)
- How to identify safe wind directions and Kitesurfing conditions
- You will learn more about the weather forecast and wind effects
- You will learn how to set up, fly and control the kite on land and in the water
- You will learn how to use the safety systems
- You will learn how to safely launch and land your kite
- You will practise how to body-drag downwind
- You will practise self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- How to water re-launch the kite
Level 2 : (2-3h)
- How to body-drag up and downwind
- You will learn how to maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- You will learn how to change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- You will learn more about the safety rules and theory for water starts
- You will practise the power stroke for a water start
- You will attempt your first board starts
Level 3 : (3-4h)
- How to water start in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal and wind effects
- Ride amongst other riders and water users
- Respect the right of way rules
- Change of directions without stopping
Get up and foiling quickly and safely with this ultimate 60 minutes Hydrofoiling package.
We have developed an exciting new Hydrofoiling experience here in the Raglan estuary, with some of the most talented instructor’s giving expert lessons, including Matt Taggart, World Masters Hydrofoiling Champion 2016.
You only need to have moderate fitness*, and with the waterproof “BB Talkin” radio communication system, we are able to give real time coaching at all times in a clear and concise tone.
This 60 minutes package includes:
• Full use of the jet ski
• Optimal one on one use of an expert instructor
• Use of all hydrofoiling equipment, safety gear, impact vests and wet suits.
Total package $199
*Only moderate fitness required but must be a competent swimmer.
We also offer a one hour group lesson package (max 2 people).
All equipment and instruction as above but learn with a friend and experience flying on water.
Total package $299
Extra hours can be booked before or whilst out on the water for $150 per extra hour.
Any purchase of an Armstrong or J Shapes, AXIS packages will include this one hour package for free:Book hydrofoil lessons now
Call our Ozone shop to book in today:
+6421 0244 7902